This post was inspired by Trask Avenue’s recent post of Requisite 25 Things. Of course, by inspired I mean it’s a blatant rip off. I believe that a blatant rip off is the highest form of flattery. Seriously, if you haven’t read his blog, please do. He has a wonderful way with words. You won’t be disappointed. So here are 25 random things (slightly changing the title keeps it from being a complete rip off) about me.
1. I was born on a Friday which according to the poem about Friday’s child means I’m loving and giving.
2. I broke my arm when I was 5 when the slide I was on broke free of a swing set and fell to the ground.
3. I can’t remember the names of all the guys I dated when I was younger, but I can remember what kind of cars they drove.
4. There are only 2 continents I haven’t set foot upon.
5. My older brother died when I was 7 and I have had a rocky relationship with God ever since.
6. I once drove a car at 120 mph simply because my passenger said, “Let’s see what this car can do.” The car was a black Camaro Z28.
7. I can say hello, goodbye, please and thank you in six languages.
8. I’ve hiked up an active volcano (Arenal) and a dormant volcano (Diamond Head). I also hiked down.
9. I’ve only played the game of Monopoly a few times, but have won every time I played. Sadly, I haven’t been a big winner in real estate in the real world.
10. I saw Led Zeppelin in concert. I stood right in front of the stage.
11. I gave a solo piano recital when I was 17. Bach, Beethoven, Debussy and Gershwin were on the program.
12. I have never returned a gift for something better or for any reason.
13. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
14. I took a photography workshop a few years ago and was told by a photo editor with National Geographic magazine that I had a good eye.
15. I’m glad I decided not to save myself for marriage.
16. I’m a recovering cookbook/recipe collector. I recently culled my cookbook/recipe collection but still have far more recipes than I will ever prepare.
17. I suffer from chronic insomnia.
18. My favorite car ever is the 1972 Jaguar XKE convertible. British racing green.
19. I’ve dated two men who owned British racing green 1972 Jaguar XKE convertibles. Yes, I dated them because of the car. No, the relationships didn’t last very long, but the car rides with the top down were awesome!
20. I batted third on a co-ed intramural softball team in college and reached first base on every at bat, though not because I’m a kick ass hitter. I’m barely 5 feet tall, but batted after a guy who was (and probably still is) 6’2. Every pitch was over my head.
21. One of my friends always adds the words “and don’t let that sweet innocent look fool you” when she introduces me.
22. I am the proud owner of small but perky boobs that still have not failed the pencil test. For those who are unfamiliar with the pencil test, if you place a pencil under your boob and it doesn’t fall to the floor (the pencil not your boob), your boobs are sagging and you have just failed the pencil test.
23, I believe the world would be a better place without politics, and perfect without religion. (I stole that from a friend’s Facebook page.)
24. Sometimes I crack myself up, but now is not one of those times.
25. I believe love should always be unconditional